This is a recipe I made up completely on my own one weekend morning during our first round of Insanity, because I wanted to have something other than a standard protein shake. Didn't turn out badly all for completely winging it, I'd say....
- 2 scoops of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder Vanilla Ice Cream flavor (I am just about certain, by a reading of the ingredient list, and assuming no cross-contamination, that this is a GF product. I couldn't find any definitive info on their website, though, so please correct me if I am wrong.)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1.5 peeled apples (I used the Gala variety)
- 1/2 cup of Skim Milk (I used a lactose-free variety)
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of whole oats
- Pre-heat oven to 350-degrees.
- Using a food processor, grind up half of the oats into a flour-like powder. Combine with all the other dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Grind up the apples in the food processor, and add the rest of the wet ingredients to the apples.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 85 calories
- 8 grams protein
- 12 grams carbs
- 1 gram fat;
- 1 gram fiber; and
- 59 mg sodium.