(Food is Love. Food is Culture. Food is Connection. Food is Adventure.)


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Reviews: Gluten-Free Pasta

Today, I am giving reviews of two different kinds of gluten-free pasta (corn based and rice based).  Some people are of the belief that if pasta isn't made from wheat, that it's no good, or disgusting, or has some other terrible and easily identifiable quality.  As you will see below, I beg to differ.  In fact, I think that unless you knew ahead of time that what you were eating wasn't traditional full-wheat pasta, well, you'd never know it was gluten-free.  For example, just last week at my niece's 6th birthday party, my sister-in-law (who is also gluten-free) served lasagna.  Normally, she would have also prepared something else for herself to eat, but I looked over and saw her eating the lasagna.  I said to my brother "is she eating gluten again?"  He replied, with a smirk: "Nope."  Ha!  Everyone at the table was eating and enjoying the pasta, and no one had a clue it was gluten-free.  When the secret was revealed, they even all agreed that they couldn't tell the difference.  Success!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment