(Food is Love. Food is Culture. Food is Connection. Food is Adventure.)


Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Les Zygomates Wine Bar & Bistro (Boston, MA)

Today, many thanks to my friend Jen at EcoScribe, I was treated to a lovely meal at Les Zygomates.  Because I ate two dishes for the first time in my life at this business lunch, I thought I'd write about it.

We started out with some nice French bread with butter that was better than you'd get at the average American restaurant.

Next, was a Scallop Ceviche.  I have never been a huge fan of scallops.  It's not that I dislike them, or that I wouldn't keep trying them, but I have only ever had them prepared in various cooked fashions....and I always just felt "meh" about it.  Perhaps I've never had them cooked correctly, I don't know.  But this ceviche was pretty darn good.  It was made with red onions, cilantro, garlic and I think lime (or maybe lemon) juice.  I only tried one piece, but it was good and I definitely plan to explore this are of food more.  I should have taken a picture of it.  My bad.

Next up was the main course....my first ever Cassoulet.  Frankly, seeing this dish on the menu was why I chose this restaurant from the few that Jen suggested.  I wanted to try it that much.

Photo credit goes to Jen, whose cell phone camera took a better shot than mine did.

Doesn't that look great?  The description on the menu said "Coco Tarbais Beans, Pork Belly, Garlic Sausage, Duck Confit, Braised Pork."  How could one resist that combination of meats!  As you can see, there were some seasoned croutons thrown on top, too.  It was served in a cute little Le Creuset pot, and it was delicious.  Now I am going to have to find a recipe and try to make my own sometime.  Mmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment