(Food is Love. Food is Culture. Food is Connection. Food is Adventure.)


Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Crispy St. Patrick's Day Corned Beef Dinner Dumplings

After a two-year pandemic break, my employer last week once again served the traditional St. Patrick's Day luncheon. Our caterer is fantastic and makes, hands-down, the best corned beef I've ever had.  As per usual, however, there were a lot of leftovers....and office policy is that the fridge gets cleaned out and all food thrown away every Friday around 4:00 PM.  But I wasn't going to let all that stuff go to waste.  You can see from my Instagram post what I took home, what I already did with some of it, and what I plan to create with the rest.  This is one of the things I made and brought to our weekly potluck last night: 


Since this was a "create as I go" endeavour, I'm not giving a formal ingredient list this time, but have instead highlighted in bold green below each ingredient as I used it.

So, to make them -- chop up leftover Corned Beef, leftover Carrots, and leftover Potatoes; then make a small pile of those ingredients in the middle of some wonton wrappers (I finally used up the rest of our wonton wrappers that I've had in the freezer for a while now here, too!).  On top, put a small dollop of Whole Grain Mustard.


Then roll them up like tiny burritos to make bite-size packets, using an Egg Wash (egg mixed with a little water) to seal them closed.


Plop them, seal-side down, onto a baking tray covered with aluminum foil and greased with cooking spray.  I also sprayed the dumplings on top to help with browning and crisping.  My unfrozen, test batch were ready (golden brown and crispy) after about 10 minutes in a 375°F oven.  (The rest that we took to the potluck were cooked from frozen, and so took about twice as long.)  Serve with your favorite gravy (stout or otherwise) as a dipping sauce.

This post is an original recipe that I created from scratch.

My goal is to share my love of food simply -- without all the fluff (unless it's Marshmallow Fluff!), long winded stories, excessive and repetitive photos, or incessant rambling that I see on other blogs.  I personally tend to skip over all that, just scrolling straight to the bottom in hopes of finding the recipe right away.  Therefore, I hope you appreciate the brevity above.

** You'll also never find ads here. **

If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below or
contact me directly using the form near the top of the right-hand column.

No comments:

Post a Comment