(Food is Love. Food is Culture. Food is Connection. Food is Adventure.)


Thursday, May 2, 2019

Around the World in Foodventures (Introduction, and Afghanistan: KABULI PULAO)

Hooooly poopsticks, it has been over three and a half years since I last used this thing!  I sure as heck never stopped cooking, experimenting, or foodventuring . . . but, you know how it is: life gets busy and in the way.

I just started a new project, though -- and while so far I have only been documenting it in a Facebook album, I decided why not post them here, too.  So, without further ado, here's what's up . . .

"Around the World in Foodventures"
I decided I want to expand my culinary horizons even further by making the national dish or a popular recipe, or some signature food or traditional meal from every country in the world. Maybe it'll happen alphabetically, or by region, in random order, or something else. I figure if we can't (yet?) travel everywhere, we at least have the luxury of being able to taste it. It’ll be fun and interesting, but obviously, will take a long time to get through -- as we'll only be doing it once a week or so at most. I will chronicle the journey here.

First up, Afghanistan: KABULI PULAO
(or QABILI PALAU or QABULI PALAW - I've seen varying spellings)



Here is the recipe I used:  https://www.whats4eats.com/grains/kabuli-pulao-recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment