(Food is Love. Food is Culture. Food is Connection. Food is Adventure.)


Thursday, May 2, 2019

Around the World in Foodventures (Thailand: YOUNG COCONUT ROTI)

This is a popular street food snack in Thailand, that we first got to try last year when our tour guide ordered it as a dessert surprise for us. I didn't get it *exactly* right, but it was pretty darn close. Presented in the young coconut shell just like we got in Thailand.


Basic method here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke0noTnHLLc

This post is part of my project: "Around the World in Foodventures" (I decided I want to expand my culinary horizons even further by making the national dish or a popular recipe, or some signature food or traditional meal from every country in the world. Maybe it'll happen alphabetically, or by region, in random order, or something else. I figure if we can't (yet?) travel everywhere, we at least have the luxury of being able to taste it. It’ll be fun and interesting, but obviously, will take a long time to get through -- as we'll only be doing it once a week or so at most. I am chronicling the journey here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment