Here is Hubby's cheese sauce recipe, in his own words:
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat.
- Add flour and whisk together to make a roux.
- Once thickened, add 1 pint cream, whisking constantly.
- Once roux and cream are well mixed, add cheese, continue whisking.
- Add seasoning to taste.
For the macaroni and cheese, sauté chopped pancetta until the fat is rendered. Add sliced mushrooms to the same pan, and sauté until cooked. Finally, mix the pancetta and mushrooms into cooked macaroni along with the cheese sauce.
|It's wife tested, kitty approved!|